Friday, August 22, 2014

Backsplash and Corner Shelves

We were nearing the end at this point, and I'm embarrassed to admit the kitchen sat in this state for at least a month. I was tired and it was livable. Although, one can only take cooking dinner among wood glue stray screws and power tools. 


This was my little side project. It was supposed to be a quick and easy project....just slap some legs on the upper cabinets, screw in the countertop and viola! Not the case. I will not go into complaining mode, but lets just say I still can't walk by without resisting the urge to kick it. So there. 
Finally enough was enough. I had Landon help me put the tile saw on the lawn and I began. Once you get the hang of it, it goes quickly. Going around light switches was the hardest part, mostly because I'm a bit over zealous with the tile saw and had to do many cuts twice....notice, no super up close photos of the outlets and light switches.

Jason came home when i was halfway done and since there really wasn't anything for him to help with he decided to refinish the deck. Side note- using a power washer on an old, dirty deck is the most satisfying thing I have ever done. :) 

Finished! Well not really since I decided I can't stand the dark cheap shelves, but these will stay up and do the job till I find something better. 


No comments:

Post a Comment