Saturday, October 13, 2012

Guilty Pleasure Day Trip


Yeah, I went to Forks...and La Push. Yes I am that dorky twi-mom driving hours out of my way to go to a tiny map dot town because it inspired a ridiculous love story of a pseudo vampire and girl that makes Austen’s Fanny Price look like the lead character in The Hunger Games….yet somehow most everyone, me included, love the series. Damn you Stephenie Meyer. Thank God I have some very understanding family members who indulged my strange guilty pleasure and drove 3 hours with me from our friend’s cabin on Daebob Bay to the tiny tiny town of Forks. 


Place of Edward and Bella's first date. 

Food was really good....and yes, I had the mushroom ravioli 
Jason really was a good sport
Yep, best husband ever! 


Forks Hospital....although someone stole Carlisle's parking sign. Bummer. 
We went to the hospital, police station, the Cullen house, grocery store, visitor center, and souvenir store. It seems like a lot, but Forks is really small. Like blink and you'll miss it small. So while it seems like a lot, it didn't take long at all. 

First Beach. Of course we had to go to this one because its the one mentioned in the books. Although, I wish I would have planned better, worn sturdier shoes and gone to Second Beach. It is supposed to be incredible and you have to hike though a second growth forrest to get there. 



Jason read a few pages of 50 Shades of Grey
The drive back was long but the view was amazing....Lake Crescent is gorgeous! 


No comments:

Post a Comment