Wednesday, September 26, 2012

The Great Northwest

Just a little closer to getting caught up to real life. Jason and I try to get away without the kids for at least a few days a year. This year we stuck to that commitment and headed to the beautiful northwest for a whole week. We headed straight for the market, which probably wasn’t the best idea on a Friday afternoon because it was packed. Like Disneyland packed. It all worked out because I got my BBQ pork Hum Bow from Mee Sum Pastry, something which I have been craving since the last time I was in Seattle four years ago, and of course a delicious coffee. 

Jason riding the famous pig. If you look at this pic from far away his wide eyes, glasses and huge arched eyebrows make him look a bit like Harry Potter riding a broomstick. 
So, while we were all munching on fresh fish and local cuisine, Jason orders a meatloaf sandwich. I have no idea where he got it seeings how we were in a seafood market, but he walked away and came back 10 minutes later with his southern lunch. 
Death never looked so good. 

So pretty! 
I don't even remember what we were eating. It was fruit, with a strange shell and the texture of a raw scallop. Gross. But Trish seemed to like it. 
line for the first Starbucks was huge. Like wrap around the block, wait for an hour for a cup of coffee huge. So, this pic is of Landon and I in front of the first Starbucks in 2006. 

And another one of us in 2008. Poor Jason. He went to war and I went on vacations. 

The market at night. This was really cool.
Since the market was completely empty at 10pm I felt brave enough to get a picture with the pig. All smiles.....however, what you don't see is us screaming when we saw a huge rat three seconds after this pic was taken. 

Queen Anne neighborhood. Almost as adorable as Redondo Beach

Finally made it to our little vacation spot on Daebob Bay. I am a little more than tipsy in this pic as you can probably tell. 
One of my favorite beaches! Its all rock and you have to be careful of the oyster shells on bare feet, but there are beautiful views, and I have been going there since I was six so lots of memories. 
Pic of Layla in 2008 at the same beach. :) 

Heading back to Seattle via the Bremerton ferry. Me talking and everyone else trying to get away...haha
After we kissed my Dad and Trish goodbye, Jason and I did some sightseeing on our own. We took a boat up to Victoria, BC and spent the day exploring the city. Or at least that was the plan. The 6am boat ride was awful. So many people got seasick and I was dizzy and pissed off when we finally got to our destination. The picture above was taken several hours later when I had time to recover. 

Landon, Layla and Me visiting Victoria in 2008 with my dad

This is how we recovered. A little pathetic to nap under a tree on the Parliament lawn for an hour, but necessary. 

Fancy Jason

Such a cool hotel! I really wanted to have high tea there but it was super expensive. Jason's response, "Do they have a medium tea?" No biggie, we walked around and I ended up having a nice "low tea" of  green tea and a slice of banana bread. Overall, it was great spending some alone time with Jason! More to come of our day trip to Forks and La Push.....

1 comment:

  1. Looks like you had so much fun! I'm looking forward to seeing Forks and LaPush of course!

    ReplyDelete