Thursday, June 7, 2012

Paper Flowers


In preparation for my graduating with an English lit degree, I made some flowers to wear made out of books. Normally I would have serious issues hacking into a book, but thanks to my fun estate sale finds I have many yellowing paged books that would sell for no more than dollar, so why not? I also have a new copy of Moby Dick, which I have no problem destroying, as it was a truly painful read. Anyway, I found some patterns for paper flowers on Martha Stewart’s website, turned on Romy and Michelle’s Highschool reunion and began. The process took me way longer than I thought…about 4 hours for 4 flowers and 1 corsage. Worth it? Probably not, but I always have fun when I get to play with my glue gun so, oh well. If anyone is interested in making these, my advice is to work without the patterns and follow the instructions here.









No comments:

Post a Comment