Tuesday, January 10, 2012

Hollywood Friday


On Friday we took Landon out of school a little early (a happy surprise to be sure), and drove to Hollywood for a few hours. Jason has been dying to go to The Grove in Hollywood since we moved to SoCal, so we finally did it. I was convinced it was going to be an unnecessary monstrosity of a  shopping center that took over a cute Cali neighborhood and sucked the life out of any remaining quaint mom and pop stores….much like Tempe Marketplace did to Mill Avenue. Don’t get me wrong The Grove is nice. It reminded me of Main street at Disneyland, only with an Anthropologie, apple store, a cheesecake factory and bathroom attendants in their public restrooms. However, much to my surprise they kept the nearby Original Farmers Market that has been there since 1934. What a cool place! Not cheap (nothing is in la), but fun, delicious and a great place to sit and people watch…unless your us. We spent a lot of the time trying to keep Layla from running away or shoplifting.

 Champagne Truffles???? Sadly, I did not get to try one of these. 



Jason bought the kids those nasty little wax candies that are filled with a colorful and sugary mystery liquid. Gross. But as you can see, the kids devoured them. 

Earlier in the day, after I took Landon to school I headed to Palos Verdes for an estate sale. I wouldn’t say I’m an expert at these sales yet, but I have learned that you have to throw away any set of expectations you may have, every single time. This time, I waited in line for 40 minutes before I was allowed to in the house. However, the view from the front yard was spectacular, and since it was quiet because I didn’t have my lovely mini shopper with me, I didn’t mind the wait so much. Didn’t score much on this one…just a book of poems by Emily Dickinson that I will not be selling.
A million dollar view....L.A. smog included ;) 

No comments:

Post a Comment