Monday, January 16, 2012

Birthday and Flat Screens


Jason, in my opinion, is the hardest person to buy a present for. He likes clothes (yes, weird for a guy, and it can be annoying how he looks like he stepped out of a department store catalogue, but whatever), and electronics, which I just cannot buy for him. The last time I tried to buy him an actual present I bought him some really nice headphones, of course he took them back and exchanged them, but the annoying part was he told me the exact kind he wanted, so I was sure I had bought the right ones. Bottom line, I go into mini panic mode on any holiday where I am required to get him a gift. This year however, I lucked out. All he wanted for his birthday and Christmas was a new T.V. Sounds easy enough. He picks out his own present, buys it, and sets it up himself…..all I have to do is dust it every once in a while. Oh how wrong I was. The T.V. arrived and was sent back because it had some minor issue with the screen (I couldn’t see it, but it wasn’t my present). We did this 5 times! Jason would find something wrong with the new tv, and amazon would come pick it up. This would have been fine, but it was the same delivery and pick up guys every time. Of course Jay was at work, so I was the one here to sign for it.
Jason and his Christmas/Birthday present 

In celebration of his actual birthday, I surprised him with chocolate peanut butter cupcakes (so rich its hard to eat a whole cupcake, but so delicious that you eat the whole thing anyway) on Thursday and then made Mexican food a few days later, per his request. See, we went to this amazing restaurant in Sedona this summer and were so impressed we bought the chef’s cookbook. I have made a few things, and sadly they never looked like they did at the restaurant, but they were just as good. J
 Carne Asada with Arbol Salsa. Made with pork, orange juice, soda, milk, and garlic....sounds weird, but sooo good! 
 Sadly, we didn't have this view as we dined, but i live less than a mile from the ocean, so I am in no position to complain. 
Pumpkin Flan

If you are ever in Sedona, I highly recommend Elote for great mexican food. If anyone is interested in recipes, just let me know and I will forward them to you. 

No comments:

Post a Comment